• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 power divider

123mack

I went out today to try and use the crane on my recently aquired M816 for the first time. All went well until I tried to engage the power divider lever. It would move maybe 2 inches, and the divider would not engage. How far does the lever supposed move? Anyone else have a problem with it sticking?

jimmcld

Mine was stuck when I got it. There is a shaft running between the frame rails about midway of the truck. There are no places to lubricate it and it is a shaft running within a sleeve. Use a little leverage and some penetrating oil on it to loosen it up.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that lever dont move to much. there is if i remember one grease fitting under the seat area.. have the clutch in while you engage it. and the tranmission in 4th or 5th gear with transfer in neutral

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same issue with one of my crane trucks. I disconnected the levers at the power divider. Then checked for free movement of the lever in the cab, which was good. The shaft that this lever was connected to had some rust on it. After I cleaned the rust off. I made sure it had free movement at the power divider. There are also 2 levers at the rear of the bed close to the wench. One controls the rear wench and one controls the hydraulic pump for the crane. I disconnected these levers from the rear side of the power divider and found they both were stuck. I disassembled and cleaned the moving parts so they would move freely. After I put everything back together both the wench and crane worked properly. I hope this helps and works as well for you.

Last edited:

123mack

Turns out jmmcld was right. There is a linkage attached to te body above the parking brake. I hosed it down with p-b blaster, unhooked it from the power divider worked it back and forth. It eventually freed up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks