• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 power questions

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no im missing thatpart, the pump i am using is from a cargo truck. i have been searching for the right fuel pump or a convertion air cylinder kit

AMGeneral

Unfortunatley the injection pump for the 816 and the 819 are specalized to those two trucks because they require a constant speed for crane (or winch)operation.I've never found it necessary to run mine above idle speed though.My 816 is missing the throttle cable that runs from the rear controls up to the VS lever so I have to run mine at idle anyway.

derby

This is all great info, there are alot of questions I had about power problems that were answerd here.one thing I have found is that there is a brake hanging up on the pass rear.when I get that fixed I will see if there is a need to go further.my truck will start with the primer and intake heater @35 deg. with 5-10 sec.of cranking does that sound normal?this is after sitting for a week or two.and I do get some white smoke on cold start up but clears in less than 30 sec.other than that I only get a little blue smoke if it idles for a while.also I was under the impresion there is no other fuel pump other than than in the IP.

AMGeneral

Wow!,what a help the injectors were!A noticeable power increase,I can now pull hills in 3rd gear without losing speed.Also noticed a small amount of black smoke on acceleration and a hard pull.Not sure about the starting issues (it's 70 degrees here today)i'll ckeck that next week,thanks to all for the help and advice.

TacticalTruck

Sounds great, I'm glad it made a difference. Maybe it's time for me to check mine.
Jeff
PS: the 25 ton low boy is here at my place. John and I are in that one together. Did he ask you for pictures of your Mack tractor?

AMGeneral

Jeff,
I sent John a total of 9 pictures of my M52 on Sat,is the M172 lowboy in as good a shape as it looked ?I'm planning on pulling it with my M123 when I get it finished.Does it have both ramps and all 4 wheel covers?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a stupid question. Is the kingpin on the M172 swapable? I know the FWTD has both kingpins with it, didn't know about the M172.

TacticalTruck

Kenny, aka Slick, there is no such thing as a stupid question unless you are on the "Gee" where there is:"G503.com Message Forums: Everything You Always Wanted To Know About WWII Military Vehicles, Jeeps, and more." :lol: The pin is reversible.
AMGeneral, the trailer is in good condition. I have the wheel covers and John said he thought he could come up with some ramps. There's probably a few boards you may want to replace. The landing legs have some issues. One is stuck and the other does not have full travel. John said he has one new one we could probably get him to throw in but he could not remember which side he has. I can shoot more pics if you wish.
Jeff
Jeff

grunex125

in post #14 using the exploded view of the injection pump, can you explain to me where you see this ball? I don't have my truck with me right now so I can't just go out and see for myself....... thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks