• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Wiring Question

Jersey4x4

So I did the search thing and looked in all the TMs and can not find it so here it is. I have a M816 with all oem wiring and I want t to stay that way. I have a bad ground on the drivers side headlight. The light is dim and the High Beam indicator lights up very dim when in Low beam mode. When in High Beam mode the indicator gets bright as it should. Anyway, where is the ground located for the drivers side headlight. I traced it to the harness but it is all taped up and goes under the rad cross member to the passenger side but after that I don't know where the ground terminates. I did not want to cut open the wire harness and do exploratory surgery so I figured I would ask here first.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wire number 91 is the ground, in the back of tm 2320-260-20 appendix D, is the wiring schematic

thy the connector at the light, thay corrode, worse case, go to ground right behind the light

Last edited:

Oasis-3

I would make up a temporary ground wire first and make certen that is your problem first. Then start looking at all of the ground wires on the truck.
Good Luck

Jersey4x4

Did that and it works fine. I see which wire it is in the diagram but can not find where on the chassis the ground lug is bolted. I found the one for the pass side light but the drivers side is a wire from the light to the harness and then is is all taped up and there is no terminals/rings or lugs on the drivers side except for the BO drive light and I can see that clear as day. I guess I can just leave the temp wire but really want to find the problem and correct it.

I would make up a temporary ground wire first and make certen that is your problem first. Then start looking at all of the ground wires on the truck.
Good Luck