• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Wrecker- Pioneer tool rack location

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone with an M816 have their pioneer tools located anywhere other than on the crane boom behind the cupola?

There are pics here on SS that show wreckers without tool racks on the boom, but it's not clear where else they might be.

The BII is in conflict as to whether there is a tool rack, since it states storage of the axe, mattock and shovel in other lockers (3A - which don't exist!) or it's not specified.

The TM's do not cover or show this in any associated diagrams, other than maintenance of the M819s' (tractor wrecker) Pioneer tool rack, which is located on the side of the rear bed, front right. see pic:

PS. who's got new straps?

Attachments

Andy1234

Of all the wreckers that I have had (3 M816's and 1 M936), NONE had a pioneer rack anywhere on the vehicle.
Memphis Equipment has the straps, ask for John in parts. Last time I bought them, they were around $15-$20 for all 3.

Andy

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 816 didnt have the rack but it did have the studs sticking out of the crane..like you said behind the cupola. i put a rack on and it fit right on the studs. i havent put the tools on yet waiting till i get it all painted up

Last edited:

Csm Davis

I have seen them on the side of the bed, inside and out. On the toolbox lid inside. On the side and top of the boom. On the back of the gondola. And in between the cab and spare tire on the back of the mount. On the top of the front fender. So pretty much wherever you want.

Last edited:

m816

I've operated/owned all three models. M62,M543,and m816. Only the M62 had a pioneer rack that I can recall. I seem to recall a pioneer rack on the side of the boom between the screen on the operator cab and the boom. I think that was on the 62. I don't recall any racks on 543's or m816's. I never saw a rack on the truck cab, ever.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With so many options, probably unit mods too, that in it'self is probably why it never made it into the TMs!

Thanks all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks