• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 dump-excavator

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Great shots Jcappel, thanks for posting!

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its not that it cant be hauled with the 817,I just prefer not to.Lack of power,and to big of a difference between 3-4 gear ratio.We have a lot of hills around here.

tm america

:roll:ya im sure it would haul it fine for short runs and probably alot better than the guys that are hauling these backhoes around with short wheel base single axle dumps around here looking like they are gonna pop a wheelie if they hit a little bump

rideni

hey can I borrow the hoe, my neighbor is starting to be one of those call the city inspector about everything type of people, and is about to go on vacation....

southdave

Heck I used to haul old 490 around with single axle dump (f-800) and tag along drag did the same with 120 truck had those 6.6 fords in them it was find kind of gutless like a duece just kept the rear end in low range the worst thing was moving an old D-5 that was too heavy for it, maybe it was the way sat on the drag did it once then there after got the drop deck and the E-7.

Last edited:

trooper632

The M52a2 has the same engine the duece has right???, Are they lower geared than the M818. Just wondering if the M52a2 pulls better than the M818, I know the 818 has the cummins 250.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the 52a2 has the same block, but set up for more HP, same gearing as 818 (same running gear)