• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 Horn won't work please help

67383wagon

I have followed the TM's, I have tested the button, air solenoid, horn itself, circuit breaker. What I have found is lead 25 that plugs into the steering column, that goes to the steering shaft brush has no power. That wire goes back into the main harness and back under the dash. Anybody have any idea where that lead 25 goes under the dash? I've bet I have 20hrs into this fix and it's become a personnel mission now. Thank you

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just so you know, the wire going to the steering column is the GROUND (grounded at the horn actervater (horn button), the circuit is hot to the horn solenoid, then from the solenoid to the steering column. It took me awhile to realize this when I was getting Swiss's restored m62 horn to work.

GROUND the steering column wire on the fire wall side, see if the horn works, if so then bad button OR bad connection where it goes into the steering column.

See if one wire to the selenoid is HOT, if not it may be easier to run a NEW hot wire then it is to find why not hot.

67383wagon

Thanks so much, that was the missing piece to the puzzle. Also whenever I tried something I did not have the button installed so I was losing ground that way as well. Much appreciated. That horn never sounded sweeter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks