• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 just arrived joy and pain

kastein

I'd suspect a crummy solenoid if it still doesn't work after the battery install has been corrected. Especially if you get a click from the control box / relay but no click from the starter itself.

ryker725

I'm thinking that installing the battery cables in the proper series configuration will make the problems mentioned dissapear. Good luck!! Hope it cranks and starts easily!!

highsiera

well I have great news. reinstalled the starter, redid the battery cables w/ McKee's diagram. Gave the primer a few pumps and she roared to life. No better sound in the world to my ears! took it for a test drive and everything shook out pretty well. Few leaks here and there, soft brake pedal. Even raised and lowerred the bed. Thanks again to everyone for their help.

R Racing

Thats Great news !! Congradulations ! On a different note the prestolite parts are still out there ( I just had mine rebuilt 3 weeks ago ) But parts are getting harder to come by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks