• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 on the move in Virginia

highsiera

Been away from the site a little while; between work and family I haven't had much time to spend with the dumper, or on this site for that matter. Recently we acquired a small farm in the foothills of the Blue Ridge. Over the last six months I have been migrating tools and equipment from a family sted near the chesapeake to the mountains. Today I decided to play hooky from work and grabbed my wife's 18 year old cousin and headed up to the bay to retrieve the M817. What an awesome day, 80's and sunny. 2 hours up from the capital, did a PMCS, topped off a few fluids and hit the road, Junior chasing in the POV with tools and spares. I will point out we were legal with tags and insurance. Two hours later at 55, 2200 rpms, a few stop lights and a lot of fuel we pulled into to the Dixie capital. What a great drive, especially the waves and smiles I got along the way, (even from a few of the LEO's that passed us!)

Just wanted to share. How many other hobbies do we have that can bring smiles to total strangers on the road? Can't wait for the next leg of the trip on Saturday. I'll post some pics next week when Green Bean is safe and sound at her new LZ. She has some work waiting there for her. Thanks for reading.

BT

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks