• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 or 5 ton Wiring Diagram

Tackettr

Does anyone have or know where I can find a wiring diagram for my M817? The military cut the trailer receptacle off and I have to replace it. Luckily they left the tags on the wires. I have a diagram for the deuce but not for sure if the tags are the same. Any help would be great!:-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Morning Tackett,

As far as I know all the M series trucks have the same trailer plugs.

I have the connector replacement down to science. I have had to repair five trucks that have been "modified" by government.

Luckily you have the wire tags. On some of mine I had to trace each wire. :roll:

Let me know if you need some help.

Tackettr

Good deal Warthog! I was hoping that was the case. I'll let you know how it goes this weekend. The truck is still at my dad's farm in eastern OK.

Now, you get busy putting lights on your truck and getting ready for the parade next week! :-D

Tackettr

It will once I mark the truck side tags down on the right side. Warthog says that all M series trucks are the same. That's what I'm hoping. I have a diagram for a M35, it's marked TA 114653 . I would like to find something simular for the 5 ton series.

Wolf.Dose

I think that for the wireing diagrams any possible help is given.
About 30 years ago I had to put together the cut harneses of M-series trucks without the digrams, just search and connect. (The manuals were by that time not availavble in the amounts of today, no CD, no internet, you had been lucky to have a illegal copy from a TM.)
So do not heasitate to try!
Wolf