• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 Turn Signal issue

USMC4302

Searched, found no similar issues discussed: Right rear turn signal doesn't indicate/flash. All other lights function properly (right front turn indicator, both brake lights, marker lights, head lights, black out lights, etc, etc). Bulb checked good. Checked grounds and connections at rear. Checked canon plug at the turn indicator switch on the column (disconnected it, checked for loose things, reconnected it, jiggled it ...).

What should I check next, or does anyone already know the answer? Could someone direct me to the right place in the right TM to find the pin diagram/schematic for the canon plug at the T/I switch if that's the answer.

Thanks in advance.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Defective turn indicator switch is almost always the cause of this type of problem when bulbs and grounds are good.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT is correct. There are several contacts in the switch. I'd disassemble it and clean the contacts. I had the same issue on a older style switch and it was dry, hardened grease causing the problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks