• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 5th wheel chocks

rizzo

Does anyone have measurements for the 818 early style 5th wheel chocks? I have been unable to find any for sale and am considering making some.

thanks in advance

rizzo

yes. I will see what they cost to get made up.

can you measure the slotted hole?

is this size for the old forged steel type of 5th wheel?

The slot is 1 inch wide 4 1/2 inches long and starts 1/4 of an inch from the end . this 5th wheel is on my 1967 m52a2 .

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, so I'll play dumb. What is an 818 5th wheel chock? I have one of the old and very "healthy" 5th wheel assemblies and ramps in the barn but I have the little 5th wheel on my 818.

sw

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, that makes sense. My big one has the 5-7 degrees of motion side-to-side and the little one of truck is solid. But it has me thinking that maybe there is something in there. I may look the next free minute I get.

thx

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks