• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 brake lights

NMDUECESWILD

5ton new bumper and winch.jpgMy brake lights do not work with the foot peddle. They work fine with the trolley brake lever. The brakes work fine. I have changed the brake light switch. It appears as though I am not getting any air to the switch. How does the double check valve work. I am either not getting air pressure through this valve or I am not getting air pressure from the air pack. Any ideas on how to test this.

NMDUECESWILD

Yes, and they work properly through the trolley brake control. When I changed the brake light switch i could get air flow through the trolley brake control but not when I applied the foot brake.

NMDUECESWILD

Okay found some time to check it out, I am getting air from the air pack but no air thru the check valve, I will order a check valve and see if that fixes my problem. I am not using any of the glad hands, can I put air directly to the brake light switch from the air pack or does the air from the air pack need to bleed off? Any comments would be appreciated

NMDUECESWILD

The bed is a 101. it is the same width as the cab. The tires stick out from the bed. We will use this truck to pull stuff around in the sand. We have some decals being made it will be called "The General Lee". I think you can imagine what it will look like.:beer:

NMDUECESWILD

Okay, I talked to a guy at Boise Truck Equipment and was told all the double check valves in the system are installed for the vehicle to be towed (front glad hands) We bypassed all the valves and went straight to the stop light switch.

So now the truck is ready to drive. We pulled it out of the shop and I took a few pictures I will start a new thread showing our build.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks