• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 brake switch ???

M221

How is the brake switch supposed to look ? Mine is located on the frame rail and above the air pack. With a j shaped air line feeding into the middle.

The electrical post on the left looks normal to me however the one on the right has a cover of some sort on it and how it could ever make a connection with the normal military connector I wouldn't know.

Both connectors look the same and look like they should slide over a post just like the one on the left of the switch.

I got into this situation because the brake lights were on all the time. I disconnected the wires to the switch to see if the switch was stuck on and now I can't get the connector back on that strange cap on the right side of the switch.

If I can get past this problem I can probably fix the situation but I'm stuck. Any help would be great. I couldn't find any specific information in other post or TMs for this switch and how it should look.

Thanks in advance
.:-(

M221

Please disregard this post the author is lacking sleep and the mental capacity to deal with this subject at this time.:oops::oops::oops::oops:

M221

Thanks Andy. I'm just a little under the weather and missing a lot of sleep.

When I pulled the connectors from the switch I wasn't paying a lot of attention to what I was doing. With a closer inspection and after a short nap I looked closely and with a pair of glasses.

I was trying to stick the right connector back on the vent for the switch and not on the post directly behind the vent.:oops::oops::oops:

The problem was that the switch stuck in the on position and allowed the brake lights to stay on. I might need to do some cleaning of my lines and replace the switch at some point but I'm to busy playing catch up after being sick for the last two weeks. Wife and kids also.

Thanks again and its good to know you are in the area.