• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Directional Indicators Only Work When Truck Is Hot

Jwkusior

Hi everyone, looking to see if I can get a hint on here for a problem I have with a 1971 AM General M818 tractor I recently purchased. I have no dash lights, only red lights that come on with the battery switch. No bright or dim lights on dash. Secondly the turn signals will only begin to work after the truck has heated up and has been driven for Atleast 10-15 minutes. The right rear brake light and stop light come on but not the left until the truck is hot like I mentioned. When switched to PARK I also have no lights on the entire truck lighting up. Hoping someone can give me a direction as this is all new to me I have had my head in the TM since I got this! Thanks everyone

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may think this is stupid but start at the batteries and clean the terminals, then work through any and all grounds. Check each connection for the lights, even the ones working. Check the voltages and the charging voltage. There isn't a lot to the wiring on an M809 series.

Jwkusior

Okay great! I will start there tomorrow and I’ll see what I have. I took a look under the hood and pulled the flasher plug, jumped the terminals like the TM said too and I have lights but they don’t flash. Makes me wonder if the flasher took a crap on me but like you said I’ll clean up the battery terminals, check my grounds clean those up and check each lamp! Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks