• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Fording Kit Questions

drpete12

Hi Everyone,

Were there any fording kits made for the 818. Cant seem to find any info on them except in the vehicle specs where it states 30 inch fording no kit and 72 with kit. if they were made, where could i get one and what would a reasonable price be.

i read some posts on the deuce stuff but not sure how it applies to 5 ton

thanks,

Peter

FM5332FF

Welcome to the site, I dont think that they made a kit. I have not seen a truck with one on it, They seem to do fine without a deep water fording kit on them, Just look at the pictures from the last Richloam rally, Vinny had his 818 with a deuce bed on it through a bunch of deep water. As long as your boots and seals are good on the truck you should be fine. Also there is a summer rally coming up soon at richloam, It should be a good time.

Westech

CPL
I have a kit on my M813... there not too much too it... Its a low pressure valve that blows air in to the engine and bell housing also there is a extended air intake. The axles, trans, and t case are stock and no changes made.. only to the engine and bell housing.

jwaller

yup, USMC trucks only. I took the kit off an old usmc truck and put it on mine. USMC trucks also have lockers in the rears.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks