• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 @Frankfort KY short term p/u, storage

Earth

My trucker is very worried that they will have trouble getting a driver in on the limited openings for pick-up at Frankfort. Can anyone store an M818 very short term until Landstar can get it? It's going to VT.

Thanks,
Tom

davidkroberts

i love this forum..... everyones so helpful and friendly. its rare to find a group of decent people online who will actually help people if you need it....... I guess a collective thank you is in order

Earth

I love this forum as well.

Case, I bought 6902, one of the greens.

Strykerboy, I'll call you later today after I play phone tag with GL and Landstar.

Jeepster, I'll pm you after I figure it all out.

The problem here is that Landstar is charging me for a partial load, so they need a driver near KY with room to spare. Frankfort has very limited hours/days and the co-ordination gets screwy, and I'm way up here with a barn full of cows. Once it's off base, they can just swing by and get it.

Thank You
Tom

greenjeepster

Just let me know if you need my assistance. I am not 90 miles in the wrong direction so that is a plus side when paying trucking fees:-D

The easiest way for me to go about it would be for me to schedule the loadout and then the trucking can be scheduled once I have it back to my place. I am home almost all week during the day so they can pick it up anytime.

Marcus only comes to Frankfort a couple of times a month so if you miss tomorrow for load out it might be a few weeks.

greenjeepster

I am just doing a little recon, are there only certain days they load out of Frankfort ?
Frankfort is an un-maned site. The boys from knox come up and meet you for loadout and it is by appointment so they group loadouts together. Sometimes you have to wait 2-3 weeks. The day of the week ends up being what ever day the first person to schedule picked for that week.

I don't mind recovering stuff for people from that site if need be. My disclaimer being that I cannot move large numbers of items, like say trailers ;) Also I don't have a tow bar for trucks with issues like broken drive shafts ;)

Last edited: