• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 has high idle and runaway condition

gem1410

I purchased five 818s through GL in New Jersey--the trucks sat for 2-3 years at the yard waiting for sale--the trucks all started with jumps but idled from 650 rpm on one and 900--1200 rpm for the others--when shifting these trucks the rpms stay around 1200 rpm and the rpm drop from 2000 to 1200 takes 10 seconds or more and makes shifting impossible--there is a complete runaway condition with one--after the engine hits 1500rpm it runs away---I have disconnected the throttle connection at the injection pumps and found nothing binding on the linkages----Seems as if these injection pumps are sticking ---If any one has any ideas on how to clean out the injection pumps please let me know--I am stumped and any ideas are welcomed--Thanks George

Attachments

jwaller

the ones with high idle have air leaks in the fuel system.
there are about 400 pats on how why and what to do to fix that. a search will net you that info.