• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Hood Ornament

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the subject of man cards, yeah that is funny but it's really incorrect:

A real man isn't emasculated by the company of a cat, which is itself a solitary obligate carnivore and a top-of-foodchain animal.

A real man's tadpole count is not reduced by the idea that the cat niether needs, asks, nor wants, the man's permission to arrogantly stare down from a bookcase, lounge where it will, or inspect the man's goods, which the cat considers are also for its own use whenever the man is not using them.

Pound for pound, the domesticated cat is man's food chain peer and it knows it. And the food chain is why we are all here.

The cat conveys no effeminate aspect to the man, and the dog conveys no special claim of manliness to its master. That is a mistaken assumption coming from ignorance.

The dog holds a lesser station as man's servant and a member of his pack, and the cat is as much a friend as the dog.

The difference between the kind of friendship with a cat or dog is that where a dog at first wants to be friends and gives respect even if beaten, a man has to earn a cat's friendship and respect. As with another human, any insults to its body or honor are long remembered and sometimes repaid. Not all human males are man enough to make friends with and keep a cat.

A real man is godly, kind, and gentle, as well as strong, confident, and secure.

The latter qualities are always spoken of, but the former are as important, they are the foundation which the latter stand or fall, and in no way are any of them effeminate, regardless of what the rotten, whining, pablum-gurgling society of today has to say.

A real man finds no need to dominate his animals or woman and will go to great lengths to protect and avenge his animals and women, er.. woman, and the best men will even protect the animals and women of others when necessary.

That is what the Man Card is about. It is about whether a man's house is in order. It is not about cats, cobras, or whatever pet anyone has. It is about what a real man is. Because cats were maligned as being emasculators, it is fit to make the rebuttal using facts about those animals for the purpose of understanding.

Last edited:

Andy1234

Love the line-up of your trucks behind the cat. That pic would be great for a caption contest.
From Left to Right:
M818
M816 #1 (front winch & vise removed and added to the M818 on the left)
M816 #2
M35A2 (former fire truck)
M123E2
M109
M36 (another former fire truck)

Andy

Last edited:

KsM715

Geeze OPCOM way to make me feel bad. It wasnt so much about the cat, I have 2 by the way, 1 indoor pet and 1 outdoor mouser with 2 more kittens on the way. It was more about using "cute" in an MV forum.

Its all in fun. No offense intended.

Andy1234

Geeze OPCOM way to make me feel bad. It wasnt so much about the cat, I have 2 by the way, 1 indoor pet and 1 outdoor mouser with 2 more kittens on the way. It was more about using "cute" in an MV forum.

Its all in fun. No offense intended.
Relax, it's all in good fun.

This is supposed to be fun, remember?rofl

Andy

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Relax, it's all in good fun.

This is supposed to be fun, remember?rofl

Andy

I just won't read the entire thread to our 5 indoor cats. I don't want to wake up looking like hamburger in the morning.

;-)

steve

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't mean to make you feel bad KsM715. It's just the cat itself is maligned a lot in that area so I feel compelled to defend the little beasts for what they are. I thought it was in fun. It was not intended to be at your expense so I apologize.

KsM715

No apologies needed. :) Im actually looking forward to getting the 2 new kittens. One is a calico. They will both be outside cats. The other outside one seems to be pretty lonley since his sister disappeared.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks