• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818/M817 recovery!

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm getting ready to recover 2 trucks. I'm wanting to bypass fuel tanks and go directly to filter or pump and needed to know what size fittings, fuel line etc. Just need to get them running long enough to get on trailer. Thanks!

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold the only 809 series I have at home. My 929's have 8.3L.
Last minute decision to go this route instead of fighting the old fuel. I'm in town getting some stuff and thought somebody might know the fitting size so I could pick up what I need.

Last edited:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has brass inverted flare to push-lock (for rubber hose) fittings at the pump. 1/2" supply and 3/8" return. If yours is the same, just cut the old hose off at the supply fitting and push on a temporary length of hose long enough to reach your temp. fuel supply. No need to fool with the return for your limited use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks