• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 need help with paint touch up-pics included

I'm in the process of touching up two of my M818's. The areas I'm touching up are small so I would like to buy rattle cans. I've used Aervoe in the past with poor success. Who offers a good quality touch up paint that will match the below pictures?

Questions-
For the green truck- What colors do I need to buy?

For the tan truck- Is there one standard desert storm tan color? Or are there multiple tans available? What will match this truck?

Both have CARC paint.

Thanks again for the help,
Andy

Attachments

Capt.Marion

The green is 383 Green. I don't know if Gillespie comes in rattle cans, but apparently their 383 is a pretty close to exact match with 383 CARC. Not sure about the tan though. Nice tractors.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rapco sells Gillespie paint by the gallon and in spray cans. He fills the spray cans from gallons (with a really cool machine!) so it all matches. The tan is referred to as 686, his seems accurate.

Just remember that after even a few weeks in the sun, paint on your vehicle will look different from freshly applied paint, even from the same can. This goes for original CARC and its equivalents. By that I mean that no fresh paint will exactly match old paint exposed to the sun for any length of time.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks