• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 or M923

Deucejunkie

I have found one of each that i want to buy. BOTH have been restored from ground up. Is 813 generally more reliable than 923? I have JUST enough mechanical knowledge to be dangerous. I value everybodys opinion before making my purchase soon.

chevyCUCV

:deadhorse:'
Do you have airbrake endorsement?

I am soon to be shopping for a m900 series. Just because i can with my CDL
I expect the newer truck to cost more for parts and have more electronics and a worse(auto) tranny. 800 series look better IMO, but i read that they are slower. I would prefer a manual trans, but airbrakes are so much better than hydraulic.

With the TM's i think you can handle either one, but i am just a newb with the big boy toys.

What price range are the trucks? Curious of market value always

wsucougarx

I love my M923! While driving my truck on it's recovery trip home. I found myself forgetting I was driving a 22,000 lb truck. They are so easy to drive. They steer like Cadillacs...scratch that. It actually steers much better than my wife's Cadillac Escalade ESV.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Come over to StL, I'll show you an M818 and an M931. You can make your decision then.

And, for the record, the M939 series rides like a Cadillac compared to the M809 series. :p

Andy
Andy probably the nicest guy you will find that has both m809s and m939s sitting in his drive way/ back yard, plus he has a m123e2, too. Just to give you the''OH MY GOD'' factor.