• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 price?

So what's a good price for a m818 in decent shape not amazing a little rust here and there that runs well. I'm asking because my grandfather knows where there is one he thinks he can get for something like $2000-2500 and I'd like to know if that's a realistic price for someone to sell one for the owner is not trying to sell it as far as I know but im not sure it's been sitting around for the past 2 or 3 years its been started during that time though. This would be my grandfather's and my first MV so any pointers of things to look out for would be helpful.

pad_cdr

It all depends on condition. If the truck is ready to run, has good tires, the lights work, brakes work and don't lock up, glass is OK, flids all good, no critters that have been eating anything important it sounds like a decent price. If you need tires and other work, then it might not be a bargain. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

It all depends on condition. If the truck is ready to run, has good tires, the lights work, brakes work and don't lock up, glass is OK, flids all good, no critters that have been eating anything important it sounds like a decent price. If you need tires and other work, then it might not be a bargain. Post some pictures when you get a chance.
If I ever get around to it I will but it does need new tires cause they are dry rotted and it will need a new fuel line run from tank cause of some bs patch that involved a ball valve type thing that will let air into the system if you we're to hit it by accident

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold mine for less than scrap but it needed a head gasket. It still does.

A good question would be what should I look for in the truck like what generally breaks on the truck with age and what pretty much never breaks unless you really beat the crap out of it. Any info like that will help as I know virtually nothing about these trucks except the basics.

Kalashnikov

I doubt you'll find one cheaper than that in running shape. I mean that's already really cheap for any truck.

Pretty much just check for leaks on the axles for brake seals/hubs seals, engine leaks, fuel lines like you already said, check radiator for oil, engine oil, make sure the clutch functions properly, take it in loose dirt and make sure the front axle engages, gauge function, etc.

If you don't buy it I will haha.

If you register it as a antique you won't need a CDL. Or you could register it with a lower GVW as the curb weight isn't over 26k.

Last edited:
There's a reason I didn't disclose where the trucks at.:grin: I want it for myself but it'll take time to scrounge up the money even if its that small of an amount. checking the front axel would be a problem it was disconnected to tow to its current location.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks