• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 rebuild

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
was inside the barn putting the 818 back together and a Great friend Jim Henderson comes down from sitting inside his trailer in new orleans.. i really think he came off the beach.. had a tan anyway... i bought this truck a few years ago for a parts truck. found out it had all new running gears. brakes system,, engine . cab wiring harness. it was in the rebuild line at shebly when the orders came down .. no more 800 series to be rebuild.. so they stopped on this one.. i have been getting all the parts for it last 3 years and now just starting to put it all together. jim came and helped me install the stuff that takes soldier A and B.. dash with some wiring and air line work. windshield . some steps.. now it is starting to look much better. my big thanks to jim for spending the day with me and helping out. i hope to have this truck ready by rally time.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had fun bolting stuff back together today. I think we really made alot of progress. Tim, I have the next 2 Saturdays before I go overseas again (last 2 free ones in NOLA) if you want to finish the last big items-tanks/fender/engine stuff etc. Let me know, will work for free (or 1 tire).rofl

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i will make that date next 2 saturdays. this time will cook up something nicer than burger king burgers.. i am looking for the number listed wiring diagram so i can complete the wiring under the dash and the hood.. and yes... here are some pics

Attachments

goldneagle

Gee I feel left out! No one called me to come by and help. I was not busy today and could have lent a hand. Offer is still open. I am not an expert but I follow directions well and work well with others.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All right Tim,
I will be there again next Saturday. Say 10-1030ish. Pick out the biggest stuff to install, it'll be done. If we have to swap out a tranny so be it. If anyone local wants to help cool. I have no problem inviting everyone else over to help to your place by the way. Food is not needed. This sucker WILL run by APRIL!
Jim[thumbzup]

O.D. Fever

818's rock, a farmer want's to buy mine... He wan'ts to get the trailers to the paived roads so his semi's can hook to them.. I can't think of a beter use for it. They need weight on the back or they wheel hop. Everything is for sale cept Annie..... make offer..(44DD)..I am a dead man...Joe

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks bigford. how you been.. getting closer on your truck.. it does take some time.. today i got the tanks painted .. this week also got the old fender off the parts 818. swapped a air line out.. hooked up some wires .. had a blast.. :smile:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We still on for tomorrow? You need to be doing the soldier "A" stuff like wires not removing big components, Tim. YES, I am volunteering your place to whoever else shows up to help. We need to get that sucker running!:-D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today mounted fuel tanks and lines/electrical/vent stuff. Those lines are a PITA! Had several we had to cut and reflare etc... The tanks came off a different truck so none of the fittings lined up and were in there tight so we moved lines instead of risking breaking a fitting. Most of the fuel system is now in place. Tim is getting a few needed fastnere etc, this week. Next Saturday is left front fender, door and walkways over the tanks plus whatever else we can get to, but that should be the big pieces all on!:beer: