• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 rebuild

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it is really looking good. i plan on going down this afternoon and get some stuff ready to paint.. looks more like a truck each passing weekend.. a very big thanks to jim for all his help[thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tim, we still on for 1030-1100 tomorrow? I'll be there unless I hear from you. Hopefully tomorrow is the last of the bulky parts.

This is for Tim,

nopics

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the gas tanks and lines are 100%. Diamond plate is done. 90% of dash is done. LF fender mount is on. Fender is ready to go on. Waiting on rest of LF engine stuff before we bolt the fender on. Seems everytime we looked around we were fixind stuff close by. Going back Sat after next right before deployment to do what we can, and the spaghetti was great. All the locals missed it.:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It does my ole heart good to see some good troops pull together and do what needs to happen!!....that's what good troops do...but...nopics

Sorry Tim..Jim....I just had to do that:evil:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i took this afternoon off but plan on going back down tomorrow with camera.. ill take some pics to show the progress so far.. ill have a bunch of stuff all finished up by the time jim comes back in a couple weeks.. :mrgreen:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
got some new fuel line on.. new elec fuel shut off.. and after seeing some stuff left off the other side i put those on.. rad hose suport. 2 missing ground wires in a hard to get to place. a sheild over the steering ram . got all that on after painting them up.. painted the air filter and the top to the fender.. now i have the hood inside and going to clean it up. been looking for some part.s i need gasket for the water pump on the 250 eng and some groumets for the firewall. any sugestions as to best place to get the brass gasket? and soon ill be ready for some belts and hoses.. ill need to look up some napa numbers for those too. :beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yesterday i got the last of the under dash stuff out the way. heater hoses . oil sending unit all done. got the fender on and the air filter too . i looked at the front end thinking about hoses and belts and looked down to see the missing cap on the front of the engine. part of the mount.. its missing .. glad i have a spare.. that would have been very bad to leave that off.. those guys doing that were rebuilding this one should seek another profession .. they left off some hard to get to parts .. anyway !!! here are some updated pics.

Attachments

poppop

Good work Tim, I see you have some little helpers like I do. Dirt daubers keep all the holes sealed up for me. Last tractor I worked on I put the bolts back in the holes to keep them out. Good way to keep up with the bolts to. Tell Miss Pam hello from us.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good. Boy the Goverment is going to love Steel Soldiers for doing such a good job getting there trucks ready for when the Zombies come.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok i dont have a camera at present.. one has the chip filled to the max. and the one i usually use is on loan to sis n law.. after 3 weeks of not doing much work on it due to a pinched nerve in my neck.. this was very painful but i am getting much better. today i did the last of a bunch of stuff. i was all set for a start up.. most things were a go till later anyway. no start.. the buzzer was sounding off with the switch off...... i am wondering if like so much other stuff done wrong or not done at.. all if the wires are not installed right.. so ill go back to the wiring diagram and see whats up.. almost everything is done... except the doors and top install. i plan on finishing the paint job this coming weekend and hope to take some pics..

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had the fixed up hood on top and was ready to bolt it up.. only to find that some nice guys put the hinges on wrong. nice... not much left to bolt up.. tool box and bolt the seats in. add brake fluid and bleed brakes.. touch up the paing on monday and move m750 on tuesday.. busy week right before the rally. i have 11 new radials to install ill have to do that after the rally :mrgreen:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
finished the hood. mirrors, seats, changed out one leaky brake line. tool box and hopefully get it somewhat painted before the dead line.. but it might not make it.. but it does run really good.