• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 rebuild

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
water pump is not as hard as it looked.. a special gasket lubed down with never seize and its good to go. super good guy will wagner had the torque info on it . no leaks and good tight new belts from andy 1234 that are super.. all the rest of the new belts came from napa.. truck runs super . only problem that i now face except the small junk is the accelorator rod is still to long.. ill work on that today hopefully:beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hooked to the m750 today and moved it into the yard for the rally.. i tried to put transfer in low but truck dont move.. i wonder what is wrong now.. ill check it if i get a chance but way to many things to get done . ill take some pics if camera comes home like it suppose to.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok here are some pics of truck at the la rally. its running great. headlights dont come one. still no brakes. one small fuel leak, and the paint job not finished. i have 11 tires like the one in the spare tire rack that ill will have to get mounted soon. and i still need to redo my seats :jumpin:

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally!!! Someone took a picture of Frodo's "good side" rofl

Tim,

Just got back in from Philly, and hope to have some time this weekend between honey-dos to swap the M818 starters. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Your truck looked a lot nicer than I expected following this thread. You and hndrsonj came a long way from when I saw it last year.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
henderson did a jump start on me to get this truck on the move. took many days and countless hours but its coming together. i will take some time off for a bit an then get back on it[thumbzup]

davidkroberts

tim, thanks for the short M818 operator lesson i got at the rally we made the trip with no problems getting mine. I replaced my stock seat with a MRAP seat and its MUCH more comfortable. I posted pics in the 5ton and up modification thread. If your going to redo them anyway. might be worth an upgrade

fasttruck

Got your headlights working yet ? last picture from 05.04.2011 shows light switch in the parking light position which is probably why the headlights do not work.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yesterday i was passing the 818 and then thought a moment about how its been 2 months since last start up. i pumped the fuel primer 3 times ,, hit the start switch and started right up. still sounds great. i am trying to move some stuff so i can get the m750 moved and then the tractor goes up to the shop for all rest of the items left to do. seats and lights and then the paint job. i will take some more pics once i move it to the shop.