• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 recovery from Ft. Drum Need Help!!

HVYMTL

Just got my EUC approved (14 days). I need to recover an M818 that "does not start" The vehicle needs to go from Ft. Drum to the Mid Hudson Valley/Southern Dutchess county, town of Stormville. The trip is approx. 300 miles one way. If there are any members that would like to help me out, PM me. In the meantime, I am open for any quotes to hire.

Attachments

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Contact Hotshot. He has moved 4 trucks for me, from across country. You are smart in getting it hauled. I recovered 1 today that ran great right up until I was 15 miles from home and had to get it towed. The 4 that came across country were drama free!!!

Nice looking tractor!!

HVYMTL

Thanks for the contact. Sorry for your mishap, with my luck, I would probably get 20 miles off base and then it would break down. Only 280 miles to go... An emergency tow would be extremely expensive. I have done some preliminary research into the ignition and fuel distribution systems. So if I were to get it going, a 300 mile trip might be possible, but I would rather work on it in my yard after it was delivered. Since this is my 1st, I'm nervous about getting everything set up within the 14 allowable recovery days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks