• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Recovery success.

4x4e350

Everything went very well, hooked up the M105, and headed through downtown Lansing, then to the expressway. About the only issue, was when it started snowing, I couldn't get the passenger window up all the way, and the snow was blowing inside the cab.
Also, being 6'5" tall, it was very difficult using the clutch and brake. I adjusted them both down, but was still very uncomfortable. Looks like maybe a extended cab mod is going to happen.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MAN , I want those tires. Im still trying for a set around here. Nice truck too!
Yea I have a set of 831's on one of the Deuces and man what a differance. Need to put some on my 818 as last recovery was hard on tires with the Mil. ndt's

Glad you got it home and now you going to bob right.

4x4e350

Just courious.
If I decided to get some 53" tires, just to lower my RPM's a bit, what do you think the 11 T831's would be worth? To offset the cost.

Preacherboy

I've seen the T831's go for $100-250 each. At top dollar you have $2,500 worth of tires sitting there and a truck for free! Of course you will have to find a buyer at that price and they'd have to be willing to pay about $500 in shipping if out of state.

Now days some of the surplus dealers are raising their tire prices, but I just got 6 brand new 53" Goodyears for $800 plus about $75 in gas. Just go on craigslist and type in huge tires or military tires, there are some guys who are listing Michelin XZL's on there...but expensive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks