• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 registration question in NH

Excessiveego

I quickly looked through the stickies and couldn't find anything. I live in nh and recently purchased an m818 that i plan i using as an on/off road tractor.

I did not receive a title with it, which nh does not require anyway. The seller did not know the year and he listed the full number from the data plate on the bill of sale.

My question is, what number do i need to use for registration purposes, and how do i find the year to use when registering?

Last edited by a moderator:

sandcobra164

You can look in the "Conversations" part of the forum for the "VIN Information Thread". If it was an Army truck originally, member bikeman may provide the information in a few days. It's most likely a late 60's or early 70's model truck. For registration purposes, just use the number stenciled on the dataplate. Purists will say it's incorrect to do so as it contains the registration number and serial number of the truck. Luckily, in my experience, it ends up being 17 digits which is what a normal VIN on an automobile so it adds one less piece of confusion at the tag office.

Excessiveego

Yup that's what i did, both numbers came out to 17 digits and most of the info was in the system. Previous owner said he though 1963 and that worked, so I'm all set. Thank you

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well it's not a 1963. What is the first part of the VIN on the data plate? The year is imbedded.