• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 transfer case needed in northern Kansas

RGS20inophir

Background:
I just drove the truck from Arizona to Kansas with 98Gs incredible help. When I picked up the truck it started to occasionally pop out of high range.

Neutral, full stop, and it would re engage without grinding.

I adjusted the linkage and tied up the handle. That worked until the middle of Kansas when it seemed to get worse. Any rapid no load condition would result in grinding.

We just did a fluid dump and flush with diesel thinking the occasional grind/neutral issues I've had on this drive was due to unknown fluid conditions

In the gear lube there was some yellow metal and what looked like the corner of a bearing cage, but no large chunks.

After a 18 mile drive and dumping the diesel, bearing pieces flushed out. Reaching inside found nearly the entire race.

Needless to say, this puts a full stop on my plan of making Illinois tomorrow.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

tobyS

Sorry, can't be help with tc.....tell us what you do please.

Where is a ball bearing this size in a T138?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks