• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Upgrades - Step 1 - Tires...

Hooty481

looooooks goooooood.... getting ready to put the same thing on my truck. I will more than likely just use the 5-ton combat rims unless i find a really good deal on the fmtv wheels and tires already mounted

Makincold

Is it the same bolt pattern or do you have to dismount/remount them on 5 ton rims?
Everything I found here on COUNTLESS hours of searching as well as comments from where I bought them is "bolt them on and go"
I hope thats the case...
But rest assured you will will read about and see my results here
and see the results at the GA rally ! :D

Makincold

The fenders between rear axle 1 and the fuel tank will have to be moved forward
Adding a cut down deuce bed which will have the rear mud flaps

Makincold

The big wheels sure make a difference in the look of the truck quick.
They really do! It's like driving a whole new truck, I didn't know an M818 could feel so " nimble" to drive
The gearing all seems perfect now
Before it seemed sluggish but now that's all gone
I need to drop a little air out of the fronts, is at 80psi and I think I'll try 70 psi and try to smooth out the ride a bit
The steering gear needs a bit of tightening too, I know I read some threads about that and need to dig them up