• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 w/M105 bed swap question

Pappa-G

So I've got about all of my parts rounded up for my single rear axeled fith wheelless 105 boxed 818. Just need rims for the 16x20's and get the springs to Michigan.
The question is this, do I keep the spare rack and tool box and just have the 105 box spaced behind the spare / tool box or pitch that stuff, put the box directly behind the cab and knock 2 foot of the frame off? I kind of like the look of the bed aginst the cab but is fuel tank access a problem on the drivers side? And what good is a bed if its full of your spare tire?

Thanks ~ Pappa-G

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Id keep the tool box and Spare. Less work , looks beefy. You get to keep the pintle and air hook ups and dont have to chop anyhting. (My opinion)

P.S. A member of our club bobs them using 818's. Theres some good pictures in one of the CMVPA threads - Jay

Pappa-G

Ok so back to the question, bed aginst the cab or keep the tool box and spare tire rack? The bobed picture has a diamond plate bumper covering the frame rails. A fellow could mount a swing out spare rack there...hmmmm or a small swing out crane. options options ... opinions?