• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818s Headed Home

M1075

I had an enjoyable 2 days getting a few M818s home. Yesterday, Bow-man and I convoyed 4 trucks and 2 trailers. Thanks Bow-man! :driver: Today, I was by myself so I made my own convoy with 3 trucks. :cookoo: :grd: Here was the lineup.

Day 1, Rig 1: M818, M818, M101A2
Day 1, Rig 2: M818, M1009, M101A1
Day 2, Rig 1: M818, M818, M1009

It was nice to see the trucks lined up at their new home. Tackettr and Warthog were on ready alert for recovery assistance. Thanks guys. [thumbzup]

Attachments

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you don't mind, how about a closer pic of the fifth wheel. They are oscillating, correct? Mine seem to be quite a bit taller than your pics show.
Thanks, Jimbo

Cdub

Wow.........Very Nice............

Looks like you've got your own little Motor Pool going on there.

Best of luck with all the new toys,

C'dub

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now, that's a good looking lineup! :drool:

Gas, is down to $3.25/gal here today.

How many MVs are required to make an official convoy? Nice signs!

M1075

Thanks for the comments guys. I saw a good opportunity to buy a few trucks in my home state, so I took advantage of it. Here is a pic zoomed in on the fifth wheel. It is good to see the fuel prices falling, I saw gas today for $2.29! I don't know how many trucks it takes to make an official convoy, but I never balk at the chance to get my signs out and use them! :lol:

Attachments

jasonjc

Both of my 818's have a diferent type of 5th wheel and has alot more side to side rocking to them. They are thicker too. I'll post pic tomrow.

So with all these truck does this mean you will be able to drive an army truck to the rally next year. :p

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, M1075. I thought those fifth wheels were like that(non-oscillating). I have a couple of the oscillating style, and they are a good 6" taller.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this does is justify the need for a second towbar. Now I have to join with the other hundred folks here looking for one. Nice appropriation Sir!