• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m819- Boat Motor Recovery

GamaGoatGirl

Had an interesting request to remove a boat motor from the shore of Lake Ontario. The boat had mechanical problems,quit and washed ashore a year ago. The winter ice and waves totally disintegrated the boat and the only thing left was the motor and out-drive. It was wedged in the rip-rap rocks at the base of an embankment and the homeowners wanted it removed. So we went over with the m819 to see what we could do! The owner was happily greeting us with a smile when we pulled up with the truck.

Here are some pictures of the recovery!

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least they are CAMO crocs!:oops:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get requests like this all the time. Of course I have to turn them down as my puny crane only has 16' of stick. I was feverishly bidding on 2 ea M819 in Columbus a few years back but I felt guilty and decided to focus on just one truck. Wouldn't ya know some clown from New York outbid me. Anyways, nice work there in the Popo 819.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep, anybody can own a plain old WRECKER, thay are a dime a dozen, It is the CHOSEN few that own a m246/m819 WRECKER TRACTOR

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yep, anybody can own a plain old WRECKER, thay are a dime a dozen, It is the CHOSEN few that own a m246/m819 WRECKER TRACTOR
Owning one, and owning one that runs and drives is two COMPLETELY different things. Its kinda like having a picture of one, it looks cool, but is just for decoration.

:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks