• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819 Setting Rings (Pics)

No.2Diesel

Hi,

We've been so busy with the crane all year that we can't put it down yet for its big refurb/repower. Every week there's either personal project or a job to be done that requires its' presence.

Here are some pics of it helping set baby 4'x4' drywell rings. In this scenario the mini-excavator was to wimpy to pick up and place em' without keeling over.

And no post would be complete without some pics of a Praying Mantis showing off it's natural shades of lusterless green & brown. (Soon after it flew to a nearby tree and dive bombed my a$$ as I was walking in & out of the barn. :p ) Enjoy!

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why no pictures of the nifty Scamp that the mantis landed on?

I think we've established SS is a very pro-Mopar website... :eek: :driver: :mrgreen:

No.2Diesel

I would have to agree. It seems MVs and MoPars go together quite well.

Its all stock with the leaning tower of power under the hood. Nothing exciting. I have no pics of the entire car. I'll have to dig out some old ones to scan.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: M819 Setting Rings (Pics)

rockman said:
Yep, appears to be more of a FORD leaning site....
Ouch, that hurts. Guess I'm leaning the other way, maybe towards Clinto.

jwaller

Re: RE: M819 Setting Rings (Pics)

No.2Diesel said:
I would have to agree. It seems MVs and MoPars go together quite well.
yes they both seem to be equally maint heavy, fuel efficient and in a constant state of restoration.

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: M819 Setting Rings (Pics)

Uh oh....I wouldn't say that if I were you :p

"Yeah cuz' ya know.....those GM cylinder heads with rocker arm studs are so much stronger than shafts. Who uses shafts anyway?" :)

jason@snakeriver

I took my M-819 out today and recovered the back end off of a 1/2 ton command car. Not the best back end. I am just going to give it to a guy who has a front end. Tom @ Snake River

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks