• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M820 Recovery

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Today we (Bama Lady, Elmo and I) went up to Redstone to help M920 (Soni) recover Sirblissfull's M820 Expando Van.

No prob convoying up in the Dodge and we met Soni about 0745 just down the road from where the truck was stored.

Mr. Murphy was showing his azz and we had to jump off Soni's truck of but that was a snap since he has converted it to 12 volt. We hooked the Dodge to it and she fired right off.

We made it to the storage lot and tried to fire off the 250 Cummins but it has been real cold here lately so she was a little sluggish.

I ran down to the local gas station and got some starting fluid. A short squirt and she fired right up with no gnashing of teeth or wringing of hands.

With Soni providing expert guidance I drove the beast up on the huge trailer without a hitch.

After we checked the height it was decided to let the air out of the tires to lower the profile.

We got her chained down and Soni drove off into the morning on the next leg of his adventure. He was enroute to Teds' Trucks and Stuff to get an item for a nefarious project he has in mind.

I have to say that Soni's truck is a fantastic piece of work. I drove HETT's in the Army and compared to that truck they pale. They should let Soni design the next heavy hauler.

UPDATE!!!! I just got off the phone with Soni and he is still at Teds.
It seems that he has a severe attack of Green Iron Fever and is having to lay over while he recovers from sensory overload (if you have ever been to Teds you know what I mean).

Here are some pics:

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Does anyone know off hand what the overall height of a m820 is?
the height of the deck of that trailer?

I may need to ship a relatively tall truck.

area52

Hey WM - if you get a hold of Soni before tomorrow, tell him to call me please. I tried to call him tonight and his phone said "number no longer in service?"

Nice pics - us NM guys are gonna keep Soni busy!!

Sirblissfull

"Nice pics - us NM guys are gonna keep Soni busy!!"

**** yeah we are.

"BFR Does anyone know off hand what the overall height of a m820 is?
the height of the deck of that trailer?"

The standard M820 is 11.5 it adds a bit to super single it.

Thank you again Wreckerman for the assistance.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lady Bama takes some nice photos. Pic #5 has great composition with the giant flag flying in the background.

Oh, cool trucks too!!

Bighurt

Looks like a great time.

I talked to Soni at 10 something and he was in a big hurry must have been eager to get to Ted's... LOL

Never seen a picture of Soni before...

Buzz

that truck is quite impressive, I am guessing from the post that Soni is the man it you need transportation for a BIG truck! What kind of truck is that (the one doing the hauling)

91W350

You need to stop posting 920 photos very quickly! I always like those and seeing these photos is not helping my addiction any...... Looks like another party I missed! Glen

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks