• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M820 Recovery

Bighurt

After looking more and more into this commercial stuff...it doesn't pay to haul for hire part time. RV is the way to go...

Bulldog 4

Bighurt, you are right about that for sure. When I had my own trucks I had to run them hard all the time just to pay for the fuel insurance and everything else they hit you with. People do not believe this but it is true - I had a business that grossed $500,000 a year and I could barely pay my rent and buy food.

Bighurt

Bighurt, you are right about that for sure. When I had my own trucks I had to run them hard all the time just to pay for the fuel insurance and everything else they hit you with. People do not believe this but it is true - I had a business that grossed $500,000 a year and I could barely pay my rent and buy food.
Well I wouldn't say it's that bad but then your and my cost of living are probably two different animals.

I will say this it isn't easy, either work or the business.

I've about given up trying to get things straight to use my M915 as hauling for hire. I'm just going to hire out my driving skills and use a company truck. And by company I mean farmer bob...

SS members aside, my truck will be labeled "not for hire" when she gets up here, of course I'll use it for the company...LOL

Bulldog 4

I'm with you on that. I don't want to get into a position where I have to work hard all month to make the bills for the truck doing something that is supposed to be a fun hobby so I will do the same thing with mine when I do get one.