• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M820 Sparta, WI to Baltimore, MD

MYAMG

Need transportation of an running 820 Expandable Van Truck from the base in Sparta to Baltimore. It will need to be picked up just after Thanksgiving. It is running and driving. Stopping with more than the emergency brake is a different story so driving more than loading is out.
Drop deck needed.
PM me a price.
Thanks
Bob

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just curious why some one would get a truck let a-lone a 820 in WI, when the owner lives in MD. unless the truck is free or a BRAND NEW TRUCK straight from the factory, also why would anyone bid on a BIG truck (or for that matter any truck) that needs transportation (not even counting a special trailer) NOT have transportation set up BEFORE THE BID, so the TOTAL cost of the truck would be know.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Need transportation of an running 820 Expandable Van Truck from the base in Sparta to Baltimore. It will need to be picked up just after Thanksgiving. It is running and driving. Stopping with more than the emergency brake is a different story so driving more than loading is out.
Drop deck needed.
PM me a price.
Thanks
Bob
Maybe he hasn't bought it yet
From the first post, it looks like he ALREADY owns it

armadillofz1

Drop deck needed.
PM me a price.
Thanks
Bob
very cool, that will make 2 M820s in ellicott city.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the first post, it looks like he ALREADY owns it
Really?? What makes you so sure? I read it again and all that info could be found on a certain site description and maybe a call to that location. Plus a 7-8 day turnaround for an EUC puts it right after Thanksgiving. I don't know...just a thought.

Last edited:

Kalbrman

Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin

Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin is between Sparta and Tomah. It was a an important facility when equipment was coming back from the first Gulf War. It would get inspected and fixed before being returned back to the owning units. They went over everything with a fine toothed comb because guys liked to try and smuggle stuff home from Saudi/Iraq. The commo repair shop even found a pistol inside of a military radio. I was stationed there in the early '90s.

The military might be selling stuff from there instead of spending money to ship the stuff somewhere else to be sold.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM sent. I had an M934 hauled out of there a while back. The cost to ship the truck was $2300 on an RGN.