• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Dana 44 axle seal confusion

sail-bum

Please trust me, I have looked everywhere but I can not find a reason or explanation. I am trying to figure out the inner bearing seals on my 1977 front axle, but I am not winning the battle. If I look at the TM's, there is a 3 piece seal consisting of a slinger, a wiper and a cup. In all of the post about this axle everyone refers to an inner seal, not 3 separate parts.

I have looked in all of the TM's that I can find, and that did not help. Is there and update somewhere that did away with the slinger and wiper? Is there just a single one piece seal used now? When I tore the axles down there is no wiper or cup, only the slinger is still present, and what is left of the bearings of course.

Do I need to start drinking and give up on MV's?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a kit to rebuild the wheel bearings that includes the retainer, seals, bearings and most importantly, an instruction sheet. You need this kit. Saturn may have some.