• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 in mud

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to the local annual mud bog yesterday.
We put the half worn out 36" humvee tires on the M880
WOW! low power, open differentials. Out lasted & out did many other trucks with more power, locked axles and no concern for having to drive it home.
Heck my boy Rob, even stopped next to stuck trucks and took off again :shock:

Sure in the spots where the mud was over the front bumper she needed a tug from the W400's winch. Which also pulled out several Chevy's. The main recovery tractor went down way beyond the W400's capacity and a freightliner had to be brought in. Sure could have put Dave P's wrecker to use .....

The W400 did very respectable with the 4.88 gears and locker in the rear, never got stuck!!
Of course I didn't venture past the 2 foot deep stuff 8)
High range , 2nd gear and less than full throttle.

Oh well, now for a day or two of truck cleaning and service. :?

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Looks like good ole time!!! :grd: The ole school goodyear MTs arent bad tires for cheap surplus either!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Uh oh. I see mud. Be prepared for a bunch of nasty-grams from the Earth Firsters here shortly.

To me, Tread Lightly means my tires are almost bald.

m880guy

hey bob, when you say service, what all do you do, because i know you gotta clean the insides of the pumpkins when you mud bog, what exactly do YOU do?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: M880 in mud

Alredneck said:
Looks like good ole time!!! :grd: The ole school goodyear MTs arent bad tires for cheap surplus either!!!
These are Wrangler RT II Military OZ.
ChevyPowerWagon said:
Nice man, looks like a blast. Are you running any lift? Did the tires rub at all? I got some 38a, not sure about just throwin' them on there though.
An add a leaf in the front, and these tires are worn down to 35" on the stock M880 wheels, only rub if you turn the wheel.
m880guy said:
hey bob, when you say service, what all do you do, because i know you gotta clean the insides of the pumpkins when you mud bog, what exactly do YOU do?
Well I don't normally do this, but this truck was due for a complete fluid change anyway. Axles, trans & transfer case fluids, complete brake disassembly & cleaning, wheel bearings re-packed, all u-joints cleaned & greased, starter - disassemble & clean or replace, power wash all pivot points on body & suspension, alternator - power wash & hope for the best.

86-1ton

RE: Re: RE: M880 in mud

i love mud...!

my brother's got an ex forstry service crew cab dodge that we play with... the "crew cab brothers"! lol

rizzo

Re: RE: M880 in mud

ChevyPowerWagon said:
rizzo said:
looks like a lot of fun, the truck looks good too!

maddawg308 said:
Uh oh. I see mud. Be prepared for a bunch of nasty-grams from the Earth Firsters here shortly.
no wonder nobody likes me

www.rizzosbog.com

check out the latest vid
Oh cool, so you know Luke Mudwalker!!!! lmao, and wild time. Looks like a blast man.
yeah, Luke and I had lunch today. I talk to Dave too.

It was a great bog and I missed part of it because I had an emergency at work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks