• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Power Steering Conversion Complete List

MattL

I snagged my pump, box with arm and drag link from a 79 Powerwagon someone was parting on Craigslist.

I also purchased the Borgeson steering shaft from Summit Racing and a rag joint from Rockauto as I couldn't get the donor 79 PS steering shaft to mate with my 77 manual column, this was the only way I could figure to get from my box's input shaft spline to the column's spline. I can dig up the steering shaft and rag joint PN's if needed...

papakb

I did this upgrade about 20 years ago on a California local purchase 890 crew cab by the USAF. The truck is actually a W200 but it has all the correct data plates and a California emissions sticker for it's 360 engine. Unfortunately the sticker is wrong and won't work the way it's got the vacuum amplifier plumbed but because it's a '77 I no longer have to fight with the DMV every 2 years. It likes to eat EGR valves for some reason. They tend to crack between the in and out ports.

When I did this upgrade I went to a salvage yard and pulled the parts off of one of their Dodges. The interesting thing was that the steering box mounted on a cast shelf that was attached to the frame. Everything went well until I tried to move the truck and the steering was working in reverse! Back to the yard for a steering box that was bolted directly to the frame and everything was good. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.