• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 PTO questions?

citizensoldier

Ok, the shop truck topper is probably coming off the M887 and she will be getting a Warn winch bumper with shackles for tow baring and Western plow set up for this winter. I would like to put a stake truck type dump on the back. I see the T case has a PTO access. What PTO works on this Tcase? Or should I go with some other type of propulsion for the dump?
I am also considering a Detroit Locker for the rear axle.. Any pro's or cons to doing this? Other lockers work better?
And Bob H if your reading this.. Did you have to lift that M880 for those HUMMV tires to fit? Or just cut the front fender a little?
Thanks in advance to all that might help..

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the designation of the T case PTO, other than a PTO for a NP203 transfer case.
Not sure how well the PTO would work for a dump as mine (for winch) is controlled by the transmission & the t case would have to be in neutral during operation.

the Mopar trak-lock differential is a Detroit locker.

I put an "add-a-leaf" in the front of mine which helps with limiting the tire rub with the 36" humvee rubber. with the weight of o plow, things could get close. That and NDT's have better ice traction than the humvee bias plys :shock:

citizensoldier

So thats a NP203.. thanks I was not sure which case it was but it has a mounting spot for a PTO... I have a NP205 PTO and was wondering if it would work.. So your ambulance is a stick? with a trans PTO? Hmmm.. You feel like crawling under that and taking a picture? Its normal when running a dump to put the Tcase in neutral and engage the PTO isn't it? That how my wrecker works kind of sorta..:-D

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ambu is an automatic, while it's a t case PTO, nothing happens without the transmission turning. Yes wrecker PTO runs with T case in neutral, I was thinking moving the truck while dumping (like a real dump truck).
I'll see if I can get a pic with my POS camera.