• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Rear Tow Hooks?

kg5252

Hi guys, I would like to put some D-hooks on the rear of my M880, like the ones that came on the M1008. Has anybody done this before or have any ideas on how to do this? I know the frame on the M880 does not go through the bumper, which does not make it ideal. Maybe there is a way to mount them to the C frame or to the bumper somehow, as the bumper is pretty heavy duty. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief_919

Best way would probably be get a set of the towbar adapters used on the front and also mount them on the rear. The inside plates probable won't fit but you can use the outside ones and fabricate some inside ones.

I have used them like that to mount shackles on all kinds of things.

kg5252

Thank you for the responses. I had those brackets mounted up front, and me not knowing what they were, I removed them. I will possibly try and figure a way to mount those in the rear, as the front already has the half hooks. By the way Ramtough, what are the PS magazine archives?

ramtoughM880

If you go to the main page for steelsoldiers, under the "Technical Manuals" at the top there is a category called "PS Magazine". It is a magazine issued by the Army, been published since the Korean Conflict.

I usually sort them by cover art, then scroll through the years 1976-1983 or so. There is lots of M880 info in them. They are kind of a hoot to read too, set up like comic books.

kg5252

If you go to the main page for steelsoldiers, under the "Technical Manuals" at the top there is a category called "PS Magazine". It is a magazine issued by the Army, been published since the Korean Conflict.

I usually sort them by cover art, then scroll through the years 1976-1983 or so. There is lots of M880 info in them. They are kind of a hoot to read too, set up like comic books.
Ok, thank you, I appreciate it. I will have to check that out.

nattieleather

PS Magazine is a way for the Army to put out information on maintenance on vehicles and equipment that isn't in the manuals or to implement ideas that GIs come up with to a problem. They are full of good information including Modifications that were issued for a truck. Good reads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks