• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 troop seats & bow question ?

Eric's hifim37

Hello :)

I was looking into picking up a M880 and I was wondering how hard is it to locate the troop seats & top bows ? also what a set up would cost me. I think I know where a rear cover is so the framework would be the hard part, if I could pick up the accessories still I might be tempted to do this M880

Thanks, Eric..

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The troop seats and bows were the first items to get scrapped when the M880's went to fire service. The troop seats can be found, but the bows and the associated metal strips with the 1/4 turn fasteners are hard to find. And when you do, they have to go high dollar truck freight because the parts are huge.

Can anyone confirm that the troop seats from a CUCV are the same as the M880?

Trust me though, the M880 is plenty useful even without these items. It's like a Chevy CUCV with a simple electrical system that can go 75 mph all day long.

donald_r

The two seat sets are not interchangable. I bought a set from a M880 thinking they would work on my Chevy CUCV. They would not fit.
So I do have the M880 available to sell, but the freight issue is the problem.

I'm in Boise Idaho.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bows for the M880, and I have a complete set of used, rusty troop seat uprights (the hinged metal pieces that go in the stake pocket that the wood bolts to). PM me if interested.

Eric's hifim37

Thanks for the replies,

I am going to pass on the supposive M880 I was told about, it turned out to be just a plain W200, I did locate the troop seats & bows for the M880 and a set for the M715 a set for my M101 & the M37 here close to me so I picked them all up as I can use the M37 ones and I'll haul the rest up to Tower park for someone else in need.

Thanks !

Eric..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks