• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 ecu

lacoda56

My M882 keeps eating ignition ecu's. First it starts to idle rough, then it seems to lose power and then after a day or so, it won't start. Check spark, nothing. Replace ecu and it starts and runs great for a few months. This has happened a couple times. Did I have a run of bad ecu's or am I missing something that's causing them to burn out? I did a search and the only thing I found was a comment about upgrading to an MSD 5. Any ideas?

Ron

m816Buch

Chech distributor pick-up coil.....ohms between 150-900.....check where wires go thru housing, have seen that wear thru causing a short on distributor advance

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made in China modules? On my truck, I ran a seperate ground wire to the ignition module with star washers. This helped somewhat, but I still have issues with frequent failure of both the ignition and alternator regulator modules. I keep a few spares of both in the glove box.

nattieleather

I would say check any grounding issues and for any shorts or cuts in the wires to and from module. Make sure all connectors a clean and tight.

Changing to the MSD might be a good alternative but certainly not stock.

skajm

old dodges, clean fresh grounds. remove and clean/replace battery to engine ground. also engine to firewall ground. I ran new grounds from the ecu to firewall to engine block and an extra from battery to body. the more the merrier. also look in to amp gauge by-pass. Catalog

lacoda56

Thanks for all the replies. That's what I like about this site, if you don't get the answer or directions to the answer to your question, it's your own fault!

Thanks again!
Ron