• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M882 Radio Rack Help

w200/m880

Has anyone got a radio rack installed in their truck and preferably loaded with equipment,i would like to know how it is fixed to the bed and see how its loaded,i am aware of line drawings in TM manual but they are not detailed.
The one im hoping to get has a junction box i have not seen before.
Thanks Colin.rack.JPG

m38inmaine

There are plates with captive nuts that go under the bed, the rack has bolts that go through the bottom mounting plate and secure to the captive plates. The power box is a common point to get power to the rack mounted equipment, like a big dc power strip if you will.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not the best pic, this was taken by a gent in the late 1970s with a 35mm camera, and scanned, so it's not the best. However it does show the basic contents of some of the rack.

What I can see:

Top left, fire extinguisher
Top right, AN/GRR-5 receiver
Middle left, RT-524 transceiver
Middle center, C-1439 control box and R-442 receiver
Middle right, RT-441 transceiver
Lower left, AN/GRC-160 (PRC-77 in a AM-2060 amp)
Lower right, speakers (LS-454 type)

In foreground, TA-312 telephone, field phone wire, SB-22 switchboard, and misc. radio gear.

Attachments

w200/m880

I posted that in 2011 Bob and its taken me this long to find a radio rack,still no pics of members with radio set ups in there trucks,maybe when i get mine finished it will be the only one ?
Still plodding away at restoring mine its not easy finding parts gere in England.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks