• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M884 found / M880 series value?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Though I was pretty well versed in the M880's.
Had them for many years.
I was looking at (drooling over) this one yesterday.
Missing back bumper and S250 shelter, other than that it's all there including 28v generator and lacking rust holes, interior is nice, tires are like new. If I had the asking price, this would be a look what I just bought thread.

Anyway the asking price is lower than I would be asking if I were selling it.
What do you think she's worth?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
These trucks have never commanded what I think they are worth. I would put a rust free M884 with both charging systems in place at $2500. I could be off by thousands.

jeeplvr247

These trucks have never commanded what I think they are worth. I would put a rust free M884 with both charging systems in place at $2500. I could be off by thousands.
I second this. Some people will list them crazy high and you might get lucky with an uneducated buyer. I think the trucks are cool but they are just not worth that much compared to most MVs.

N1265

I've seen guys pay $1500 for a rusty heap. The Dodge has a following that will drive the prices up.

I agree, If road worthy I would say $4,500.

The fact that it is 4WD = $1,000.
The fact that it's a DODGE = $1,000.
The fact that it is an MV = $1,000.

The fact that you could drive it anywhere without a lot of prior work
= $1,500.

N1265

Now if it was a CUCV I would say :

The fact that it is 4WD = $1,000.
The fact that it's a CHEVY = - $1,500.
The fact that it is an MV = $1,000.

The fact that it MIGHT make it out of the driveway
= 39.99

For a grand total of : $539.99 :whistle:

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How'd you find one in Michigan that wasn't rotted out with salt rust. I've recovered three from up there and they were only parts trucks. Matter of fact, I'm looking for a good condition bed for one now. Any up there???

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How'd you find one in Michigan that wasn't rotted out with salt rust. I've recovered three from up there and they were only parts trucks. Matter of fact, I'm looking for a good condition bed for one now. Any up there???
Why not use a M101 trailer bed for your purpose? The metal is thicker and it will match up to the axle position on the M880. Might be easier to find than a rust-free original bed.

GM-M1008

The fact that it MIGHT make it out of the driveway
= 39.99
went 4 wheeling last weekend, 2 ramchargers (both modified) ford bronco (modified), toyota 4 runner, and my stock m1028. Both dodges were towed home cuz they broke, the toyota made it halfway home and the ford and the chevy made it all the way. Wish I woulda had a picture because the next day I had to pull another Chrysler product out that was stuck (jeep).

If its a Chrysler product it worth as much as it weights in scrap unless it has a front dana 60.

Attachments

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$2500?
This is Michigan, rust free usually brings a premium here,
a look in the classifieds shows a rusted contact truck in MI. with a bad motor and other issues for $2500 firm.

I certainly wouldn't sell my M880 for $2500 despite it's rust, dents & minor issues.IM002699c.jpg

Like I said before, If could come up with the money that M884 would be mine!

Last edited:

citizensoldier

M887 = more rare, nice straight maintenance box = $1000, Compressor = $200, Axles = $ 500, driveshafts= $200, Tcase = $100, Trans = $100, New distributor= $50, New plugs = $12, Good radiator= $50. Anything less than $2500 it is better off a semi mobile wood storage shed. Can't buy the material to build one for much less..lol.. :-? BUT a truck is only worth what someone is willing to give you for it and it's been my experience with the M880's it ain't much. Why? ..hmmm.. no comment... **** if it was not keeping my evaporator wood dry I would scrap it. :)
Seems to me you already know it's value? So why you asking for opinions?

citizensoldier

What's the guy asking for it? Don't get me wrong I don't hate the trucks. It is a typical
"Is what it is" scenario. Here is the typical conversation when trying to sell one. " So no power steering?? Why?? So it's full time 4x4?? Does it have that junky NP203 transfer case? Probably doesn't get good mileage does it?? Why no lockout hubs on the front?? So I see it has 16.5 tires on it!:shock: Do they even make those anymore? Why so gutless?:( So basically its just a plain Jane W200 Dodge painted camouflage? Hmm.. I think I will buy a regular W200 with lockout hubs, power steering, air conditioning and a 360 for the same price or very little more.." Says the tire kicker...

MatthewH

What's the guy asking for it? Don't get me wrong I don't hate the trucks. It is a typical
"Is what it is" scenario. So basically its just a plain Jane W200 Dodge painted camouflage? Hmm.. I think I will buy a regular W200 with lockout hubs, power steering, air conditioning and a 360 for the same price or very little more.." Says the tire kicker...
Last time I saw this truck for sale, it was in the weekly Auto RV, right around $3800. It was for sale in Gladwin, along with a second M880 as well.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which was a price I thought to be attractive for the condition. He has dropped the price over a thousand since early this year. It would seem toy's aren't selling too good this year. :(

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which was a price I thought to be attractive for the condition. He has dropped the price over a thousand since early this year. It would seem toy's aren't selling too good this year. :(
Let me know when he gets to under $1K, I have an empty parking space.