• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 patient compartment

jhyatt7

Anyone know where to find rear interior parts, the backend was pretty much stripped when i got it.
Chappy James

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A list of the things you need would be helpful.

I have a diverse supply of random parts and pieces of various MV's.
Among them are some "stretcher hangers" from an "Ambu-bus" or "Bus-ulance". I have no idea if they are the same as what they used to "stack" the litters in your ambulance or not.

MASH Amulance Bus.jpg
M*A*S*H Bus Ambulance

Other examples:
Ambulance Bus AF.JPG

ambulance-side.png

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I no longer have this truck, but that's what they look like.

The "upper bunks" appear to be shelves onto which the litters slide in from the rear. Is this correct?

The litter hangers I have are not for supporting such a shelf, but dangle from the ceiling, then the litter handles hang from loops on the ends of that device. Two hangers per litter, one at each end (inboard or aisle-side of the litter in the Ambu-bus/Bus-ulance). The outboard litter handles drop into fixtures on the wall.

If I have a chance to get them out and take pictures, I will.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked in the one not on display. The interior is complete, intact. If you want pics/measurements, PM me.

snakeyes

have two 886 ambulances had them for sale no calls or any interest there going to be cut up for scrap its a shame

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks