• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M890 in Stripes?

ramtoughM880

Good evening all!

On a whim, I watched "Stripes" this afternoon. At the end, there is what appears to be an M890 on the tarmac. It looks like it might be painted Air Force Blue?

What do you all think?

v/r,

jk

IMG_0140.jpeg

nattieleather

I have seen that truck several times over the years as I have watched the movie. I think it is just a 2WD Dodge pick-up of the same age as M880s. The AF used hundreds of them around air bases and they were just a civilian pick-up with a military data plate and painted blue. I like the Gama-goat being used as a Russian truck.

ramtoughM880

I have seen that truck several times over the years as I have watched the movie. I think it is just a 2WD Dodge pick-up of the same age as M880s. The AF used hundreds of them around air bases and they were just a civilian pick-up with a military data plate and painted blue. I like the Gama-goat being used as a Russian truck.
I wondered about that too. There was a crew cab 2wd Dually for sale locally a few years ago I wish I'd bought now. It was still Air Force blue and you could almost make out the faded lettering. Unfortunately, I was in a phase of 'if it ain't 4WD, it ain't (you know what)" and passed on it even though it was uber cheap.

The Gama Goat with the red star made me chuckle as well. Almost as much as pausing it on the scene where Russell is reading the TM for the EM50 so I could search the number. ;)
No one has made one yet... but searching the number brings up a site where someone did a page about the EM50.

v/r,

jk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks