• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M900 series exhaust on M809 truck.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you thought about routing the exhaust along the underside of the right frame rail? Remove the original muffler, you won't need it with the 939 muffler in place, and tie directly to the exhaust header. I'm sure with some flexible exhaust tubing and a little imagination you would not have to cut up your cab. You wouldn't need to modify the battery boxes either.
Just a thought and observation on my end.

BrushMaster Builder

Quick Down and Dirty Exhaust Fix

The attached pics show a simple down and dirty exhasut conversion for M939 Series. We simply cut the exisiting pipe under the cab with a sawzall and bolt all the items pictured in place. Then add hanger brankets wherever we want to once the bed is installed. One thing not pictured is our turn-down. We have a 12" 90 degree turn-down that connects to the back of the muffler and puts the exhaust straight to the ground behind the tool box or fuel tank. This system will also work with aux fuel tank but you will need to put heat sleeve on your fuel lines and float level gauge wires.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks