• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M911 HETT Questions

Andy1234

Any idea of how many of these are out there in the non-mil world?

What are folks using them for?

And last, but not least, what sort of price range are they (I saw one sell in CA on ebay a few months ago for $17,500)?

If I can't get an M123, then maybe I can get an M911....but I have no idea how I'll get it into my subdivision.....But it'll be fun to try!

Andy

Kjb2007

Banned
I was at a salvage yard the other day looking for a few parts, and they had 6 of them sitting out back. looked fairly decent shape most of them. Didnt go over to see what parts might be missing and what not. I have no idea on price. But could find out.

They also had a M123, and M125.

BUT not my 813 HOOD!! Always seem to find everything but what a guy is looking for.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The fifth wheel on the 911 had a bigger kingpin than civilain tractors.
To use one commercially you had to swith to a smaller one.
I have seen them used as house movers.
One of the main issues is their size and weight.
Another is they are gear bound....slow on the road compared to a commerical rig but they will pull hell's half acre if you can load it on a trailer.
Getting it in the subdivision bobtailing isnt a problem.......just flatten anything that gets in the way. With a trailer you may have issues.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at a salvage yard the other day looking for a few parts, and they had 6 of them sitting out back. looked fairly decent shape most of them. Didnt go over to see what parts might be missing and what not. I have no idea on price. But could find out.

They also had a M123, and M125.

BUT not my 813 HOOD!! Always seem to find everything but what a guy is looking for.
We need pics of those trucks, especially the M125! They are getting rare as hen's teeth, and with as few as are left, it's important to find out where the survivors are.

nopics

M1075

Any idea of how many of these are out there in the non-mil world?

What are folks using them for?

And last, but not least, what sort of price range are they (I saw one sell in CA on ebay a few months ago for $17,500)?

If I can't get an M123, then maybe I can get an M911....but I have no idea how I'll get it into my subdivision.....But it'll be fun to try!

Andy
Here are some pics from driving the M911/M747 combo. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/18249-m911-m747-outing.html I also have a video on youtube. YouTube - Oshkosh M911 M747 HET Military Truck Drive By

In the last few years, 50 or so have been sold through GL. Most of them get snatched up for logging, construction or foreign applications.

I just missed out on buying that one in Barstow for $17K. That was a steal and I emailed the seller stating that if the buyer backed out, I wanted it. Basically anything under $25K for a running one is a good buy.

The M911 is easy to drive and runs down the road (no road) effortlessly, just a little bouncy if you don't have a 60 ton payload.

emr

I have a ton of hoses all types 2 brake drums new and alot of air brake parts along with a variety of parts like bearings and exhaust maifolds etc, anyone interested cheap in Northern NJ contact thru e mail only please, randyemr@aol.com to see them no shipping or separating of parts, all in one shot...

NEIOWA

I (my Fire Dept) have 3x M911 sitting in my lot. Plan is/was to convert to tanker use. Project has stalled as:

1.) Received a DHS FIre Grant for $284500 and able to buy a new tanker pumper. Total of approx $310000 for Frtliner M2-112 Cat C13, 3000gal 1000gpm Hale QFlo and added Waterous PTO CAFS (insert grunting as per Tim Allen). Ext front bumper with CAFS discharge on left side and Elkhart Sidewinder R/C CAFS on right side.
2.) Got a Navy surplus 1991 F900 6x6 12000mi and installed a 2500gal HEMMT tank from Army surplus. Still needs red paint though (need to find $).
Now have a lot of water capacity and both projects took up a lot of my time last 2 years. Still want to do the M911 project though. Plan is install 8x TPU pods (CH47 ferry pods actually) for 4800gal.

1x M911 has been turned back to Iowa Forestry who is going, at some point, to auction in place thru GSA auction. Fairly good shape was the 1st of 5 x M911 picked up. 2 w/M747 did not make it home due to engine problems and were auctioned off. The one on hand for GSA auction is not fairly good condition. Approx 90000mi so high mile. Some fairly minor stuff missing.

M911 no trailer is not bad for maneuverability. Cramp angle is not great (but its a 40yr old design) and has long WB. But NEAT rig and BIG (insert grunting as per Tim Allen).

Kjb2007

Banned
We need pics of those trucks, especially the M125! They are getting rare as hen's teeth, and with as few as are left, it's important to find out where the survivors are.

nopics
both trucks are labeled as MACK engines.
The 125 is missing the front axle and the bed
The 123 is complete still but has a dented front bumper and a winch on the back still.

If/when i go back ill take some pics of it